Complete your RYA Day Skipper, Yachtmaster or Yachtmaster Ocean Theory course from the comfort of home and get a head start on your practical sailing course. Study at your own pace with friendly, knowledgeable, one to one support from your course tutors from Skipper’s Online, a recognised RYA Training Centre specialising in online theory. If you can’t make it to one of our Shore Based Courses, this is a great alternative.
You will learn about charts and navigation as well as learning the Rules of the Road, navigational marks, safety equipment and meteorology. For Day Skipper Theory, no previous experience is required. At the end of the course, you will be capable of planning simple, daytime passages in tidal waters and be ready to undertake your practical Day Skipper Practical Course.
For Yachtmaster Theory, the assumed level of pre course knowledge is Day Skipper Theory. At the end of the course, you will be capable of planning complex, long distance, tidal passages and be ready to undertake your Coastal Skipper Practical Course.
- 14 lessons
- More than 30 quizzes and exercises that check your understanding of each topic
- 1000s of 3D images, animations, videos, downloadable resources and external references
- Instructor Support 7 days a week
- 12 months access
- Unlimited exam attempts
RYA Course Completion Certificate when you have passed your exam
- 2 RYA Training Charts
- The RYA Training Almanac
- Course Handbook
- Free 1st Class UK Delivery (+£10 for Europe, £20 Worldwide)
- Optional Plotter & Divider Kit (£28)
Online Course Cost
- RYA Day Skipper online theory: £295
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore online theory: £315
- Combined RYA Day Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore online theory: £490
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean online theory: £295
- Combined RYA Yachtmaster Offshore online theory and RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean online theory: £490
Try a free online demonstration
Day Skipper Theory Demonstration – [CLICK HERE]
Yachtmaster Online Theory Demonstration – [CLICK HERE]